List:       veritas-ha
Subject:    Re: [Veritas-ha] operations and maintenance tasks
From:       "Brad Willer" <brad_willer () symantec ! com>
Date:       2007-02-06 1:32:28

A variation that you can do that expands a little bit on what Eric said
is:

haconf -makerw 		(open the config for writing)
hasys -freeze -persistent -evacuate <system>	(switch all SGs and
freeze the node)
haconf -dump -makero	(close and save the config)

The benefit of this is 1 command to switch all SGs and no matter how
many times you have to reboot because of OS patches, etc., VCS won't try
failing over to that node.  Freezing a system is very similar in concept
to freezing a SG.

Once you have finished the process, undo the freeze:

haconf -makerw
hasys -unfreeze -persistent <system>
haconf -dump -makero

Then repeat the process for the next node that needs to be patched.

Brad

Message: 2