List:       veritas-ha
Subject:    Re: [Veritas-ha] OnlineRetryLimit and PreOnline triggers
From:       Jason Fortezzo <fortezza () mechanicalism ! net>
Date:       2006-02-21 19:33:27

Vitale, Catherine F (Cathy), WCS wrote:
> I am experiencing the same problem. Is it okay to issue an "hagrp -clear
> servicegroup" in the preonline trigger? Is there a better solution?
> Vertias/Symantec should update the sample preonline trigger with the
> correct workaround!

To combat this, I wrote some code to only clear faulted
non-infrastructure resources.  On my clusters, application failures are
usually transient and you're better off trying to restart rather than
failover to other node.

This code snippet is a little old and after looking at it, I found a bug
wherein if you do have a faulted infrastructure resource you should
probably execute an hagrp -switch.

if ($WhyOnlining eq "FAULT") {
     # Find any faulted resources...
     foreach $res ( @{VCS::Trigger::FaultedResources($SG, $System)} ) {
         # ...and verify they are a non-infrastructure resource...
         unless (VCS::Trigger::InfrastructureResource($res)) {
             # ...and clear the fault
             VCS::Trigger::ClearFault($res, $System);
         }
     }
}
..
VCS::Trigger::OnlineNoPre($SG, $System);

--
Jason Fortezzo
fortezza@mechanicalism.net