List:       veritas-ha
Subject:    [Veritas-ha] Upgrade from VCS 2.0.1 to SF-HA for Windows 4.3
From:       rob.toma () equant ! com
Date:       2006-02-14 17:17:07

Hello,

The document for upgrading VCS
http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Storage_Foundation_for_Windows/277576.pdf
 indicates in it's prerequisite matrix that v2.2 is the least version that
an upgrade can be performed.

The version we are running in a two-node cluster is VCS 2.0.1 .

I am hoping for the best here, is an upgrade to 4.3 possible from 2.0.1 or
are we looking at a complete reinstall?

Also, what is the minimum version of VxVM that is supported by 4.3?
Currently we are running VxVM 5.31.45.8 for W2k, The VEA version is
3.0.2.275 .

We are experiencing near daily failure of the oradg volumes falling
offline.  We are connected to an HP-XP1024 SAN running DMP on Emulex HBAs
w/ current drivers. Our SAN and associated switches show no failures at
that level.  I can only suspect that the versions of Veritas we are running
are too buggy for this level of HW.

Any insight and advice here is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rob Toma

Equant
CS&O