List:       veritas-ha
Subject:    RE: [Veritas-ha] Oracle installation
From:       "Gene Henriksen" <gene_henriksen () symantec ! com>
Date:       2006-02-08 11:08:49

If the license is for Storage Foundation HA, then the installer, when
you select "Storage Foundation", will install VM, VxFS and VCS. So as
long as you know the system names, heartbeat ports, cluster name and
cluster ID you could do all the VERTIAS products at one and then install
Oracle, then test Oracle on all nodes and then set up the Oracle Service
Group.

If you venture down into the individual directories for file system,
volume manager and cluster server, you will find install scripts for
each (install_vcs, install_vm, etc). You can then install VM and VxFS,
install and configure Oracle, then install VCS and configure it.

Remember to reboot after installation of VxFS.