List:       veritas-ha
Subject:    RE: [Veritas-ha] Question on Oracle-RAC
From:       "Mark Schipper" <mschipper () lightsurf ! com>
Date:       2005-06-22 21:03:44

It's HA folks......not IA (infinite availability), CA (continuous
availability) or even AA (where admins end up when they work for management
who thinks HA means "always up").

For those few instances when you have to take a full outage...HA gives you
the ability to choose when you are going down. Seems pretty cool to me. If
you want to keep your headaches to a minimum, take the time (eg. the outage)
to keep all nodes in sync from the firmware to OS to device drivers to VRTS
maintenance packs. Best way keep keep the surprises to a minimum.

Identical nodes are happy nodes...