List:       veritas-ha
Subject:    RE: [Veritas-ha] vcs puts lots of load on the servers
From:       "Jim Senicka" <jsenicka () veritas ! com>
Date:       2005-04-28 5:44:35

Per,
let me get back to you on this

jim

-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-ha-admin@mailman.eng.auburn.edu \
                [mailto:veritas-ha-admin@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Per \
                Bakke
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 12:34 AM
To: veritas-ha@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: [Veritas-ha] vcs puts lots of load on the servers

Išve got a strange situation at on a cluster;

I'm running VCS Advanced Server DBE/RAC 4.0 w/MP 1
2 nodes with Solaris 9 and Oracle 9iRAC
The machines are got a rather fresh patchset, so this should be OK.

Every once in a while the machines (or one machine) gets realy loaded (got loadavg at \
aprox 60-90. The machine(s) get almost unresposive, but i'm able to get a cmd promt \
after 2-4 mins.

If I run hastop -force -all the load on the machine acts normally again (after 5-10 \
mins...) If I start the cluster againg, the load hits the roof again. If I reboot the \
domain everything looks OK.

The logs don't doesn't print any errmsg, (enging_A.log or messages) and problem \
solving takes a lot of time (due to the freq. of fault situations)

anyone got an idea?

--
Per Bakke
Teamleder - Unix