List:       veritas-ha
Subject:    Re: [Veritas-ha] Shared disk under Volume Manager on RedHat  Linux ES3.0 U4
From:       robertinoau <robertinoau () yahoo ! com ! au>
Date:       2005-04-13 13:33:22

Hmm interesting situation here.

Try this.

1. create the dg again on node1 and then create a very
small volume.
#vxdg init dg_name disk=blah
(and yes I know this is not how you create a shared
diskgroup)

2. from node2 run "vxdisk -o alldgs list" and make
sure that you can the dg (It will be in parenthesis)

3. from both nodes do a "vxdisk list disk" and check
and make sure that the disk id is exactly the same.
Since it is suppose to be the same disk, the id should
also be the same.

At this point, you should be able to deport the dg
from node1 and import it on node2. If a normal import
will not work, try a:

vxdg -fC import dg

If all that fails, you better log a call with Veritas.

--- "Gurugunti, Mahesh" <MGurugunti@us.nomura.com>

http://au.movies.yahoo.com