List:       veritas-ha
Subject:    RE: [Veritas-ha] help:about vcs run mode
From:       "Cronin, John S" <John.Cronin () bellsouth ! com>
Date:       2004-06-17 13:03:27

I am not exactly clear what you are saying.

If you are saying the cluster won't come up unless both nodes are available (VCS \
really doesn't have any idea of a primary), this is true, and yes, there is a way to \
get the second node to come up if the first node isn't up:

	1) Stop VCS (had) if it is already running - if GAB is not seeded,
	   I believe VCS will not start.

		a) Run "hastop -local"

	2) You need to seed GAB

		a) If GAB is already configured, run "gabconfig -U"

		b) Run "gabconfig -cx -n1" to seed a one node cluster
		   (DO NOT PUT THIS INTO /etc/gabtab)

	3) Then run "hastart -force" on the live node

This may not be optimal for your situation, as I don't understand it clearly, but it \
should work in most situations where you want to start a one node cluster.  If \
anything, I have extra commands in here that you won't need.

I didn't research this or anything, so if I am stating something incorrectly, \
somebody please correct me.

--
John Cronin
ipager: johncronin