List:       veritas-ha
Subject:    RE: [Veritas-ha] adding a node to a cluster
From:       Jerry Vochteloo <jerry.vochteloo () veritas ! com>
Date:       2003-09-30 23:19:28

you can add a node to the cluster without stopping vcs on the machines
running vcs

add vcs packages to the new node (I would use pkgadd, but you can use
install and hand edit the config files later).
edit llthosts, llttab, gabtab

edit gabtab and llthosts on the existing machines

make sure that you add the new node to the system lists of the service
groups that you want to fail to it.

simple as that..

(assuming that your current hb links go into hubs and your shared storage
infrastructure in also extensible ie not shared scsi)

--
Dr Jerry Vochteloo
Senior Education Consultant

The opinions stated here are mine and do not necessarily represent those of
VERITAS Software Corp