List:       veritas-ha
Subject:    Re: [Veritas-ha] Public interfaces extremely slow after install of
From:       Bayard Bell <bayard.g.bell () morganstanley ! com>
Date:       2003-05-23 16:21:46

Let's remember that there are some kinds of interfaces that are
*strictly* dependent on the ROM to get their MAC addresses.  hme's, for
example, do not have an "independent" MAC address to use when
local-mac-address? is made true.  If you look at prtconf -vp, you can
look for a local-mac-address attribute provided by fcode to see if you
have a local ether on the card.  There's some more information available
via Sun InfoDoc *ID16733, which indicates that there are manual ways of
setting the ether to arbitrary values (assuming you make sure to resolve
reuse issues on your own).  It does not indicate whether specific fcode
support is required to support ether mutability.*