List:       veritas-ha
Subject:    RE: [Veritas-ha] mount agent impacting system load
From:       "Van Atta, Tom" <Tom.VanAtta () scotts ! com>
Date:       2002-05-31 21:03:24

In my case my problem was with the way the Oracle resource was set up. It
was causing VCS to try to mount all 70 filesystems at the same time. This
did put an adverse load on the system and affected LLT.

I ended up creating dependencies between the mounts, so only 5 or 10
filesystem mount commands are issued by VCS at any given time. This cleared
up my issue and had no impact on the startup time of the bringing the
database online.

If you are seeing this with no service groups defined then I would suspect
you have some other issue at play. I would suggest opening a support case
with Veritas - I'm probably not a good resource to try to resolve or
speculate on what might be causing your problem. I will say I've gotten
great support from other (more knowledgeable) members of this mail list.

Hope this helps,

-Tom