List:       veritas-ha
Subject:    RE: [Veritas-ha] VCS heartbeat
From:       Gene Henriksen <gene.henriksen () veritas ! com>
Date:       2002-03-07 22:33:37

A little misunderstanding here.

First, you can have multiple protocols on a NIC, Micro$oft does it all the
time with TCP, NetBEUI and IPX. LLT and TCP can coexist on the same
interface with no problem.

Second, Low-pri does not switch to TCP, it simply reduces the rate of
heartbeats (see the sample llttab in the /opt/VRTSllt), normal HB is 50/100
second apart and low-pri is 100/100 seconds apart. Plus low-pri does not
send status info unless all normal priority links die.

VCS heartbeats are not supported over TCP.

The requirement is for 2 heartbeats. From the Install Guide:
Each cluster configuration requires at least two channels between systems,
one of which
must be a network connection. The