List:       veritas-bu
Subject:    Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP restore failed from path UNKNOWN after upgrading NB to
From:       Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz () lucidpixels ! com>
Date:       2013-12-31 15:55:39

Hi,

I've not run into that issue, but you can find the release notes here:
http://clientui-kb.symantec.com/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/DOCUMENTATION/6000/DOC6396/en_US/NB_7506_Release_Notes.pdf

From the looks of it, there are a number of changes, the first two below:

â–  An issuecan occurifa NetBackup Network Data Management Protocol (NDMP)
backup policy is configured with the directive set type=tar in the backup
selection. Parent directories in the path of a file that an incremental NDMP
backup saves may not be present in the backup image. For more information
on thisissue, refer tothefollowing Technoteon the Symantec Support website:
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH202412
â–  Network Data Management Protocol (NDMP)backup performanceisadversely
affected when the logging level is set to 4 or 5. The performance effect may
be serious enough to cause NDMP backup failures. Symantec recommends
that you set to the logging level to 3 or lower to avoid this issue.

Justin.