List:       veritas-bu
Subject:    Re: [Veritas-bu] VMware backup host
From:       Anurag Sharma <sharma.anurag () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2012-12-17 6:19:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Howard,
I'm sure you must have found solution by now.
Still wanted to tell you that what you are trying to achive is possible as long as \
you are using VADP (vStorage API for Data Protection) not VCB. The reason is VCB \
server needs the staging loction but VMware Backup Host does not.

Only thing you need to keep in mind is the LUNS of the specific ESX Datastore/Cluster \
needs to be presented to the VMware Backup host  at the time of backup in order to \
run backup on SAN else you can always go for NBD without problem. Let me know if my \
response was of any help to you. Best Regards.Anurag From: hgraylin@cspire.com