List:       veritas-bu
Subject:    [Veritas-bu]  bpstart linux and multi streams
From:       su_A_ve <nbu-forum () backupcentral ! com>
Date:       2012-12-07 18:57:35

Hi,

Our implementation is running Netbackup 7.1 - master and media servers are running \
under Windows 2008 R2.

We need to backup some Linux and Solaris clients for which we need to create local DB \
dumps prior to the backup of happening (LDAP for example and a calendar application). \

The problem is that the documentation indicates to use the included bpstart_notify \
and bpend_notify scripts located in the netbackup/bin/goodies directory.  However, \
the servers only include DOS batch files - there are no unix/linux shell scripts.

I created a simple script that exits with the corresponding error level code, but of \
course this seems to be running for every stream.

So - a) where can I get a copy of these scripts for linux and/or solaris, and b) how \
to do I ensure these run once before any of the streams start to backup and of course \
it's done only once?

Thanks in advance.