List:       veritas-bu
Subject:    Re: [Veritas-bu] Centos/Linux Client Install.
From:       Ed Wilts <ewilts () ewilts ! org>
Date:       2010-10-28 13:32:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Ulises Rodriguez <
ulises.rodriguez@wallst.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is an RPM 32x,64x client install for
> Linux/Centos?

Not yet.  Symantec has been talking for a while about native packaging for
the client kits but they're not available yet.

I would expect that sometime before the next major release we'll see native
packaging for at least Linux, Solaris, and HP-UX but nothing has been
announced.

You will most definitely not see a 32-bit RPM since 32-bit kernels for Linux
are no longer supported by 7.0 clients.

If I remember correctly, there have been postings to this list from people
who have built their own RPMs based on the Symantec-provided kits and you
can search the archives.  It's probably not that hard - generate a tarball
from NetBackup (e.g. push it out to a dummy client and add a post-install
script to do the actual install.  A good RPM guide book will help.

   .../Ed