List:       veritas-bu
Subject:    [Veritas-bu]  Query?
From:       J_McColl <netbackup-forum () backupcentral ! com>
Date:       2010-02-25 10:51:02

Hi,

This is definitely not a supported option, it is crazy to even go down this road due \
to the complications that can arise.  If you make the slightest of mistakes with your \
catalog you have to start from scratch (or at best a backup - do you have one???)

Can you clarify why you are doing this? (ie. merging two masters into one, some DR \
test, recovery of a client from one master to a client on another etc)

The best bit of advise I could give in this is to be very sure that you have a \
complete backup of your existing catalog and be prepared to rebuild your environment \
if you attempt this.  Also raise a case with Symantec (formerly Veritas) before \
attempting this.