List:       veritas-bu
Subject:    [Veritas-bu]  Backing up Virtual Machines using NetBackup
From:       Crowey <netbackup-forum () backupcentral ! com>
Date:       2008-06-24 3:53:09

I think you need to have a Windows server to run VMware VCB (indeed, from memory, \
though I could be wrong, your NetBackup server may need to be Windows to do this).

We use a combination of NetBackup Linux clients to backup the ESX servers themselves, \
the appropriate OS client to backup (virtualised) servers as per normal, and finally \
a VMBK Backup script (http://www.vmts.net/vmbk.htm) to backup virtual machine files \
once a week.