List:       veritas-bu
Subject:    Re: [Veritas-bu] Master running on S10
From:       Charles Ballowe <cballowe () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-08-24 15:09:43

I've used 5.1 un-patched on solaris 10 for some testing. It's not thatit doesn't \
work, it's just that it doesn't know anything about thesolaris 10 init and inetd \
systems. After installing it, you need touse the inetconv utility to convert the \
/etc/inetd.conf entries intosmf entries. I've never tried it on the server side, but \
                suspect itwill work just fine - as long as you get around the changes \
                sun made.
-Charlie
On 8/24/05, Priddy, John <JPriddy@thegoldensource.com> wrote:>  >  > > I just \
'rolled' this out a month ago or so.  Im relatively new to netbackup> and unix for \
that matter but: > >   > > No issues as of yet, but solaris 5 doesnt like my nbu5 \
server or vice versa,> go figure…  However even though solaris 6 is also officially \
unsupported its> working AOK here (and with vcs via our refurbished 4500s I might \
add!)  > >   > > We moved from nbu 3 running on an ultra 5 to a v240 running nbu 5.1. \
Yes> you read that right, an ultra 5 -- and we had 2 unipacks hanging off for the> \
catalog as it 'got too big' for the internal drive.  I can also confirm that> the \
oracle agent works, and even on 2.6 via nbu5!  Im backing up about 15 or> so hosts \
with a total of about 6TB unix to an L20 DLT via scssi and so far> solaris 10 and/or \
netbackup running on that host is the least of my> problems. Its very solid and so \
far has yet to be any culprit in my backup> strategy.  My legacy hosts / amou! nt of \
data to put on the L20 DLT on the> other hand…  Lets just say its not very practical \
to put these emc arrays on> to 20 dlt 40/80 tapes, even after skipping dbf files… > > \