List:       veritas-bu
Subject:    [Veritas-bu] NetBackup and a Private Network
From:       <Robert_Thelen () bankone ! com>
Date:       2003-04-29 20:59:31

Good Afternoon, All -

I have a question for you ...

We are implementing a private network.  How can I get NetBackup configured to use it \
properly?

History:
Right now, all backups are running across the public network.  The media server \
communication is also across the public network and so is the media server's metadata \
information about files it backed up.  During the nightly backups the public network \
gets so clogged that I am dropping packets.

We want to create a private network that the media servers (only) will be connected \
to.  That private network will be used for media server communication to the master \
server and SSO servers and for metadata communication to the master.  Currently, the \
ACSLS server will still be on the public network, but there are plans to move it once \
all the media servers are using the private network.

How do I configure NetBackup to use the private (non-routed) network for the media \
servers and the public network for all else?

Thanks,

Rob Thelen
Storage Management
Bank One Card Services.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or \
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, \
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the \
information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. \
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and \
destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. \
                Thank you