List:       veritas-bu
Subject:    Re: [Veritas-bu] speeding up duplications
From:       RYAN ANDERSON <RYAN_ANDERSON () udlp ! com>
Date:       2001-04-23 17:52:07

"David A. Chapa" wrote:

> I have made my duplication suite available for download on the Advanced
> NetBackup Scripting site, http://www.xbpadm-commands.com. There are some obvious
> things that need updating (which are under-way), but for the most part it works
> pretty well.  It will allow you to pick the number of duplication streams to use
> depending on the available drive pairs.
>
> David
>
> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
> David A. Chapa
> Consulting Manager
> DataStaff, Inc.
> 847 413 1144
> http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
> ---------------------------------------
> http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
> NBU-LSERV@datastaff.com - Adv. Scripting

Another tip I've done:

Increase the amount of pools you have so that you are ensured that
duplication jobs from one pool won't fight for tapes with duplications
in the same pool. If you have all tapes being yanked from a Scratch Pool
already, it doesn't add much more complexity. As a side note, you can
just keep one off-site pool and have no contention for tapes.

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson        |   United Defense L.P.
Unix Administrator      |   763.572.6684 (desk)