List:       veritas-bu
Subject:    [Veritas-bu] Netbackup/Load Balancing/Multiple NICs
From:       "Scott Tinsley" <tinsley () theALLIEDgroup ! com>
Date:       2000-06-27 17:25:29

I mistakenly sent this query as a reply to another thread so I decided to resend this
to get maximum exposure.

Sorry

I am running Netbackup 3.2. My master is an NT host. My netbackup slaves/media
servers are 3 Sun E4500s connected to a single SUN L11000 tape library. Each
slave server has multiple NICs all connected on the same subnet on an enet
switch. I am curious about the best way to balance the clients such that they
utiulize all available server NICs.

Can one of you Netbackup Gurus please point me to some documentation on how to
balance client backups across a Netbackup server that has mutiple IP interfaces,
all on the same network subnet, in a switched network environment?

Thanks,

Scott Tinsley
["tinsley.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]