List:       velocity-user
Subject:    Re: WM difference question
From:       Chuck Esterbrook <echuck () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2001-04-30 18:59:08

At 11:38 AM 4/30/2001 -0700, Jon Stevens wrote:
>Not only are you missing the double quotes around the attribute value, but
>you are also missing the "mailto:".

Ahh, the problem wasn't that I wasn't viewing the source. It was that I
thought you were referring to all the author's in the right hand column
{who DO have mailto:}

And double quotes are lame for non-spaced attribute values.

> > (ahem) Laziness. I didn't check for some of this stuff because I knew
> > eventually someone would "push" the information to me.
>
>That totally sucks imho. If you are going to put up a page about something,
>at least take the effort to research the information you put on the page.
>Otherwise, don't put the page up at all.

I feel your general gist here is wrong given that I put '?' and not 'n'. I
never said Velocity didn't have something. I said it was undetermined by
this page.

As far as the motivation for the page and putting Velocity on there goes,
it was to facilitate extensive discussions on templating on our mailing
list. We needed a common place to see the list of solutions and click
through to them, as opposed to digging through all the mail messages.

Mission accomplished {and without misstating any attributes of any packages}.

>What are "doc strings"? Defined in Python, they are specific to
>documentation for classes and methods. In other languages, they have a
>different name. In Java it is "javadoc".

No, in Java they are "doc comments". I remember that term now from my early
Java days. I also double checked Sun's Java tutorial.

javadoc is a utility, just like pydoc

>The right column heading would be something more generic like: "Code
>Documentation" since you are listing more than one language on the page.

Agreed. Done.

> > Ha! You're just jealous cuz I grabbed such an awesome name.
>
>Ya. Right. No really, back in 1993-96 people put "web" into everything and
>it became a totally overloaded word. Very annoying. It is like "iFoo" is
>now...

Yeah, but now it's "retro" so it's cool.  :)

Just like ABBA...

-Chuck