List:       velocity-user
Subject:    Re: vrs JSP vrs AppBuilder (also)
From:       Rafal Krzewski <Rafal.Krzewski () e-point ! pl>
Date:       2001-04-23 7:53:26

Lane Sharman wrote:

> Perhaps you would share with me your economic model for survival for such
> work? Does your current employer support you in writing OS software day
> and night? Or, do you live without bread?

Call me the lucky guy. My employer is acually paying me for developing
an OS
project (Turbine). Our company is making websites. We developed a piece
of
software to manage sites that have thousands of pages. This software is
based on Turbine. It is it the company's best interest, to have have
someone
who understands the internals of that's softwares backbone, and is able
to fix
things immediatly if problems arise. An it is in the company's best
interest
to use software that is open and free.

I guess you need an eployer that sees the light...

Rafal

--
Rafal Krzewski
Senior Internet Developer