List:       velocity-user
Subject:    Re: Velocity into a plug-in
From:       jian chen <chenjian1227 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-05-26 17:59:20

Hi Vanessa,

It looks to me that you are relying on the default way that Velocity
loads its templates. I am not sure if it is loading from classpath?

But, typically I would use more explicit way to load templates, for
example, just use the file system path like this:

File templateDir = new File("/path/to/template");
ve = new VelocityEngine();
// setting up file resource loader
ve.setProperty(RuntimeConstants.FILE_RESOURCE_LOADER_PATH,
templateDir.getCanonicalPath());

This way, you have total control and know where to load the templates.
As for the output, it is as simple as:

OutputStreamWriter out = new
OutputStreamWriter(response.getOutputStream(), "UTF-8");
ve.mergeTemplate(viewName + ".html", "UTF-8", ctx, out);
if (flushOutput)
{
	out.flush();
}

This is pretty much how I am using Velocity right now. Hope it helps.

Jian
http://www.JiansNet.com
Useful Info on Living In USA, Powered By Velocity