List:       velocity-user
Subject:    Re: org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.Log4JLogChute initialization
From:       Brad Whitaker <dbwbca () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2009-05-19 21:13:56

I encountered the same error in my web app. I fixed it by following the
instructions in the Velocity Developer's Guide in the section on "Using
Log4j With Existing Logger":

http://velocity.apache.org/engine/devel/developer-guide.html#usinglog4jwithexistinglogger

As soon as I set properties for RuntimeConstants.RUNTIME_LOG_LOGSYSTEM_CLASS
and "runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.logger" the problem went away.