List:       velocity-user
Subject:    Re: Caching for VelocityEngine's evaluate(VelocityContext, Writer, String, String) method?
From:       "Caleb Jones" <calebjones () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-07 18:00:11

I got this working they way I need.  As I get velocity strings, I do a quick
hash (md5) and use that as the name for that template.  If it doesn't exist
already in the repository, i add it.  The next time that same velocity
template strong comes along, I can see that it is pulling it from the
repository.  This sped me up further from the ~8ms per rendering to ~5ms per
rendering.  Not as big a difference as the 1.5 to 1.6.1 upgrade, but it's
still nice to see this work.

Kudos to the velocity team for the performance improvements from 1.5 to
1.6.1!