List:       velocity-user
Subject:    Re: How to use EscapeTool
From:       "Nathan Bubna" <nbubna () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-08-30 15:08:17

Since you are defining the EscapeTool in your toolbox, it should be
automatically put in the context for you (assuming you have Spring's
Velocity support configured for that).  And it looks like this is
already the case.  Since, $esc.xml($foo) renders as "This is Foo",
then we know the EscapeTool is present in the context; if it were not,
then $esc.xml($foo) would render as "$esc.xml($foo)".

Everything that you sent in your email looked like it was configured
and used perfectly.  So, i have no idea why the ampersand was not
escaped.