List:       velocity-user
Subject:    Re: Got blank page occasionally!!
From:       Shinobu Kawai <shinobu.kawai () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-11-17 1:31:59

Hi Chih,

> I add the following setting in my loadConfiguration()
>
>       p.setProperty( "runtime.log.error.stacktrace","true");
>       p.setProperty( "runtime.log.warn.stacktrace","true");
>       p.setProperty( "runtime.log.info.stacktrace","true");
>
> but there is no difference in my velocity.log
OK.  Let's start from the beginning.

Does servlet_example1 work for all of your clients?  If it does, change
it a little by little towards your servlet until you find the problem.

> > "some pc" means some web clients.  But I can not figure out how it
> > happened because these web client with the same os version,  IE
> > version and IE settings as my pc.
How about firewalls?

Other things to check.
- Server access permissions
  - Does the server allow access to the web server's port from the
    clients?
- Server file permissions
  - Does the server process have write permission to the log file?
  - Does the server process have read permission to the template file?
- Web/App server log
  - Is the client request getting to the server?
  - Is the server calling the right servlet?
  - Is the server returning anything to the client?
  - Is the HTTP return code 200?
- IE
  - Is there anything in the HTML of the blank page?
## Most of these have nothing to do with Velocity, though.  B)

Anything else, everyone?

Best regards,
-- Shinobu Kawai

--