List:       velocity-user
Subject:    RE: newbie questions on html + WAP Support
From:       "Peter Romianowski" <megapero () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-12-16 2:37:25

  The best practice for velocity (and other template languages)
would be to define one controller but multiple view-components (
i.e. vtl-files). You controller is then in charge of selecting
the correct view-component for each device (by using a parameter
for instance).

  As for velocity, filling the context with all nescessary
objects would be the same for all devices, but you'll have
different vtl-files rendering the context in a different way.

  That's the way I do it all the time when the view-components
differ a lot (and they do between HTML and PDA/Phone AFAIK).

Peter