List:       velocity-user
Subject:    what was the resolution with static classes in templates?
From:       Igor Fedulov <ifedulov () outlook ! net>
Date:       2002-01-31 21:40:10

What was the resolution with request to be able to do something like:

$TextUtils.toHTML($row.articleHtml)

without writting a wrapper and putting it in context. I mean is it
possible to write something like this:

$staticGetter.TextUtils.toHtml($blah)

where staticGetter is an instance of some class which will have get(String
className) method and then use some magic to get .toHtml method
executed...

Am I reading the wrong page? It's been snowing in Chicago lately so It's
hard to think straight :)

BTW I really do hate to write something like:

class foo {
 foo() {}
 public StringBuffer toHtml(String blah) {
     return TextUtils.toHtml(blah);
 }
}

:)