List:       velocity-dev
Subject:    Re: Velocity macro caching?
From:       Christopher Schultz <chris () christopherschultz ! net>
Date:       2008-05-15 16:42:36

Harin,

harin wrote:
> I have an issue where velocity seems to be caching a velocimacro. It could
> possibly be my template structure which shown below. When pages are loaded,
> velocity is rendering the wrong primarySection or secondarySection vm (as
> these exist in other templates).

I have had the same problem, where the first page evaluated that defines
a macro basically ends up setting that macro for the entire Velocity
subsystem. Templates with same-named macros had to be modified not to do
this (in 1.4, at least).

I always thought that a macro's "name" would essentially be qualified by
it's loading template, so a macro in foo.vm called bar would be
fully-qualified as something like "foo:bar". When called from foo.vm, no
qualification is necessary.

Actually, it would make more sense to me if macros defined in a template
were always considered local, so they couldn't be overridden.

Just my two cents.

-chris