List:       velocity-dev
Subject:    Re: replace method
From:       Christopher Schultz <chris () christopherschultz ! net>
Date:       2007-09-26 13:43:49

Sankaranarayanan,

This question would be better asked on the user list, not the dev list.
You should post to user@velocity.apache.org next time.

Sankaranarayanan K wrote:
> I would like know about any  replace method (like java replace method )
> Since I want to replace $values instated of the dynamic variable  inside
> my .vm files

I'm not sure if I understand your question.

Do you want to call java.lang.String.replace on a String object you
already have in a variable called $values?

If so, you can just call it:

#set($values = "This is a String")
$values.replace("is", "was")

This will print: