List:       velocity-dev
Subject:    Re: Jira for Velocity & Velocity Tools
From:       Nathan Bubna <nbubna () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-18 19:20:28

ah, semantic confusion is at work!

all those pages you point to are lists of people who have or had
commit karma on the projects.  all of them have (or should have)
signed the ASF's "contributor" license agreement.  but on project
mailing lists and occasionally elsewhere, such individuals are
referred to as "committers".  and those who contribute code but do not
have commit access, are occasionally referred to as "contributors".

IIRC, there was at times web pages that listed not only those with
commit access, but also those who chipped in bits of code here and
there without ever getting karma.  it is pages containing the latter
that i believe the ASF frowns upon for legal reasons.

sorry for not being clear.

and yes, the velocity "contributors" page is woefully antiquated.
most of that list has been inactive for 3-4 *years* at this point!
and the "certification thing" is long gone.