List:       velocity-dev
Subject:    Re: introduction
From:       "Christian Trutz" <chris () smilebase ! org>
Date:       2004-12-16 9:36:40

Hi Will,

> I think most people set the encoding in the Java code when merging
> the template.

ok thats right, but if you have a multi-language application where Unicode
isn't allowed, and you have multiple templates in multiple encodings ... an
encoding configiguration is perhaps usefull. But i think such an enhancement
should have low priority ...

The solution in Bugzilla is a little "overloaded" but the requirement is
usefull ...

Chris

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:38:57 -0800, Will Glass-Husain wrote
> I haven't heard a big demand for this feature, myself.
>
> (Velocity templates should be able to specify their own encoding)
>
> I think most people set the encoding in the Java code when merging
> the template.
>
> WILL

Christian Trutz
Tel.: 0228 2421689