List:       velocity-dev
Subject:    Re: caching objects in context
From:       "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geirm () adeptra ! com>
Date:       2002-11-06 22:46:37

On 11/6/02 5:06 PM, "Steven Chen" <schen@arising.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> What is the implementation of context object caching in
> velocity-1.2-rc2? Does it release all the objects in context or keep
> them forever? My application has an out of memory problem. Thanks for
> your help.

First, switch to velocity 1.3.  It's possible to get OOM problems with 1.2

Next, the VelocityContext is something that you control the lifecycle of -
if you pool and reuse, then it's possible they accumulate cruft.  If you are
using velocityservlet, it doesn't cache, so that isn't the problem.

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
geirm@adeptra.com                                    +1-203-355-2219 (w)