List:       vectrics
Subject:    [Vectrics] [Vectrics Forum] New Topic: Table name "USER" is a
From:       mailer () vectrics ! com
Date:       2006-10-03 20:54:37

Forum: [Developers, id=2, order=1]
User:  vcCheng

JBoss-FlashRecruit 0.9.7.9 bundle
JDK 1.5.0_08
JBoss 4.0.3 SP1 (came with the bundle)
MySQL 5.0.24a
Ant 1.6.5

Sample site "vectrics.sample.com" using MySQL is basically up and fine.

But when moving to MS SQL Server 2000, we had to go through quite a lot of bumps and \
dips.

One of the problems during building <hibernate.schema> was:
[color=red]a syntax error near keyword 'user'[/color]

Our work around was to wrap [color=blue]user[/color] with brackets like \
[color=blue][user][/color].

And this seemed to have taken us through <sql.schema> and <sql.data>.

However, when we bring up JBoss, we see Exceptions complaining:

[color=red]
16:12:46,913 INFO [XmlBeanFactory] Creating shared instance of singleton bean \
'person.service' 16:12:46,975 WARN [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Warning: 156, \
SQLState: S1000 16:12:46,991 WARN [JDBCExceptionReporter] Preparing the statement \
failed: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'user'. 16:12:46,991 WARN \
[JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 156, SQLState: S1000 16:12:46,991 ERROR \
[JDBCExceptionReporter] Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'user'. 16:12:46,991 ERROR \
                [RecruitStart] Exception starting web app
org.vectrics.SystemException: Exception setting person: could not load an entity: \
[org.vectrics.user.Person#2] at \
org.vectrics.hibernate.ThreadProperties.setPerson(ThreadProperties.java:164) at \
org.vectrics.recruiter.RecruitStart.initializeWebApplication(RecruitStart.java:165) \
at org.vectrics.recruiter.struts.RecruiterServlet.initialize(RecruiterServlet.java:125)
 at org.vectrics.struts.VectricsServlet.init(VectricsServlet.java:90)
[/color]

Anyone had the same problem on MS SQL Server?

Is there a better solution than going all over the places to try to change the User \
table name (to something like User_Tbl)?

Please help. Thanks.

(I posted this in Installation and Configuration last Friday.)

You received this email because a new FlashRecruit topic of was created in the \
Vectrics forum. The topic title is "Table name "USER" is a reserved keyword in MS SQL \
Server", and you can use the following URL to read it:
http://www.vectrics.com/jforum/posts/list/148.page#363

If you no longer want to receive notifications for this forum, please access \
http://www.vectrics.com/jforum/forums/unwatchForum/2.page \