List:       vdsm-devel
Subject:    =?utf-8?q?=5Bovirt-devel=5D?= lago is dead, long live ost!
From:       Michal Skrivanek <michal.skrivanek () redhat ! com>
Date:       2021-07-27 11:56:26

Hi,
we worked for a while on removing our dependency on lago that has been more or less \
abandoned for a long time now. We got to the minimal feature set that is simple to \
replace with bunch of virsh commands, and most of the advanced logic is implemented \
in pytest. We've just merged the last patches that freed us up from lago for local \
and beaker CI runs.

There's a new ost.sh wrapper for the simple operations of running the suite, \
inspecting the environment and shutting it down. Hopefully it's self explanatory….

./ost.sh command [arguments]

    initializes the workspace with preinstalled distro ost-images, launches VMs and \
runs the whole suite  add extra repos with --custom-repo=url
    skip check that extra repo is actually used with --skip-custom-repos-check
status
    show environment status, VM details
shell <host> [command ...]
    opens ssh connection
console <host>
    opens virsh console
destroy
    stop and remove the running environment

Right now lago and run_suite.sh still works and it is still used by the mock-based \
jenkins.ovirt.org runs. It will go away in future.

Thanks,
michal