List:       vdsm-devel
Subject:    =?utf-8?q?=5Bovirt-devel=5D?= Broken commit-msg hook in gerrit
From:       Nir Soffer <nsoffer () redhat ! com>
Date:       2021-06-25 19:38:37

In ovirt-imageio developer docs, we ask to install the commit-msg hook
from gerrit:

    wget -P .git/hooks https://gerrit.ovirt.org/tools/hooks/commit-msg

This downloads now a broken script that does not add a ChangeId header.

In the past I think it returned something like the attached file,
without the code for
adding signed-off-by.

I suggest to replace the current file at:
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/tools/hooks/commit-msg

Or if we want to keep the default file for some reason, add:
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/tools/ovirt/hooks/commit-msg

This file contains the code for adding the signed-off-by header, so so
developers
do not need to add this manually:

    # Add Signed-off-by trailer.
    sob=$(git var GIT_AUTHOR_IDENT | sed -n 's/^\(.*>\).*$/Signed-off-by: \1/p')
    git interpret-trailers --in-place --trailer "$sob" "$1"

Later we need to replace this ugly shell script with proper code.

Nir

["commit-msg" (application/octet-stream)]