List:       vdsm-devel
Subject:    =?utf-8?q?=5Bovirt-devel=5D?= lago project locations/home
From:       Yedidyah Bar David <didi () redhat ! com>
Date:       2021-04-06 10:03:18

Hi all,

Can we please somehow have a single location one can check when
searching where its source code is, etc., and update all the others to
point there? We currently have at least:

https://github.com/lago-project/lago

http://lago.readthedocs.io/

https://www.ovirt.org/develop/infra/testing/lago/

https://gerrit.ovirt.org/admin/repos/lago

https://gerrit.ovirt.org/admin/repos/lago-ost

It seems like the last one is the current "source of truth", but I
didn't see this announced anywhere. Also, coming to the next point,
its name is confusing with "lago-ost-plugin".

In addition to above, we also have these, for lago-ost-plugin:

https://github.com/lago-project/lago-ost-plugin

https://lago-ost-plugin.readthedocs.io/

It's not clear if we still need it or not. It would be nice to mention
this in such a home page, even after we do not need it anymore (just
the fact that it's not needed, to clear potential confusion for people
still finding it).

For all of above git repos that are not in use anymore, it would also
be nice to push a patch adding a short note to their README saying
they are not used anymore and linking at a home page.

Last but not least, I do support the new name "lago-ost" - "lago"
itself appears in far too many other unrelated places on the net.

Thanks and best regards,
--
Didi