List:       vdsm-devel
Subject:    =?utf-8?q?=5Bovirt-devel=5D?= Re: bz 1875386 openssl conf files point at qemu-ca-certificate: status
From:       Yedidyah Bar David <didi () redhat ! com>
Date:       2020-11-15 11:14:25

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 5:47 PM Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo@redhat.com> wrote:

> Il giorno mer 11 nov 2020 alle ore 11:28 Yedidyah Bar David <didi@redhat.com> ha \
> scritto:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I now finished verifying my patches, currently pushed to github [1].
> >
> > Verified clean engine-setup and engine-setup upgrade from current
> > master. Didn't verify adding hosts nor encrypted migration between
> > them, but I think it should work.
> >
> > With the top patch there, also verified pki-enroll-pkcs12.sh, which
> > verifies also pki-enroll-request.sh, with both default and
> > --ca-file=qemu-ca.
> >
> > Now:
> >
> > Currently, that's 16 patches. The entire stack diff ('git diff' from
> > master) is 580 lines, whereas with the current split ('git log
> > '--format=%h %s' -u' from master) it's 1045 lines (~ twice), but
> > perhaps easier to follow, and shows my thought/refinement process,
> > although probably many comments you might have on earlier patches I
> > already addressed in later ones. I also do not think we must have all
> > 16 patches add all the extra load on CI, so didn't yet push to gerrit.
> > So I wonder if just to squash them to a single one, or something in
> > between, both for review and for eventual merging. We definitely need
> > all of them merged at once, or if we want to prevent breakage and
> > still merge splitted, quite a lot more work (which I don't have time
> > for). Comments are welcome.
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/didib/ovirt-engine/commits/qemu-ca-fixes
>

> Reviewed and commented the patches.

Thanks.

I now read all your comments, and read again my patches, also as a
single large diff, and I think it's ok to continue the review process
after squashing (will also eliminate some questions such as "what is
'fix pki scripts' fixing").

Pushed [1], then copied there some of your comments from github. I'll
reply later.

[1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/112228

Best regards,

--