List:       vdsm-devel
Subject:    =?utf-8?q?=5Bovirt-devel=5D?= Travis builds
From:       Vojtech Juranek <vjuranek () redhat ! com>
Date:       2020-11-11 8:31:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,
recently, I noticed Travis builds waits in the queue for a very long time.
Looking around I found out Travis probably reduced resources for OSS projects.

Also I found out all projects should migrate from travis-ci.org to travis-
ci.com by end of December 2020 [1] (see Q. When will the migration from
travis-ci.org to travis-ci.com be completed?). Recently they announce new
pricing model [2] when OSS projects will get some initial credit and after
that either has to pay or ask the support for another credit (see section
"Building on a public repositories only" in [2]).

Maybe time to migrate away from travis-ci to something else, e.g. GH Actions?
Thoughts?

Vojta

[1] https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/migrate/open-source-repository-migration
[2] https://blog.travis-ci.com/2020-11-02-travis-ci-new-billing