List:       vdsm-devel
Subject:    Re: [ovirt-devel] oVirt Engine 4.1.1 has been branched out
From:       Michal Skrivanek <michal.skrivanek () redhat ! com>
Date:       2017-02-23 15:39:05

> On 23 Feb 2017, at 16:32, Nir Soffer <nsoffer@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 5:11 PM, Francesco Romani <fromani@redhat.com> wrote:

> > > Please avoid branching if we don't have a real need for it.
> >
> > Since things are calm on the ovirt-4.1 patch queue, will delay the
> > branch out until we have clear need.
>
> Can we have a public page listing the current branches, so people
> can lookup the correct branch for a backport?

It's tough to be 100% in sync when you have a patch right around the branch off…

But I think that stable branch maintainer should help there….i.e. I would expect a \
scan in bugzilla for outstanding 4.1.1 bugs on vdsm, reminder in gerrit comment if \
any of those bugs are POSTed, and wort case checking that when accepting anything \
into stable branch (that it has TM >=4.1.2) - that should be simple since I suppose \
we already check for the bug eligibility.