List:       vcs-pkg
Subject:    Re: git based autoforwardporter.
From:       peter green <plugwash () p10link ! net>
Date:       2017-01-21 9:30:01

On 19/01/17 19:36, Ian Jackson wrote:

> I think such a tool would be very useful in general, if it could be
> used for individual users.
I see no reason why it couldn't be used by an individual user.

I have posted the current code at .

https://github.com/plugwash/dscdirtogit (import tool)
https://github.com/plugwash/autoforwardporter (actual autoforwardporter)

Feel free to take a look at it and comment/criticize.

Currently there are a bunch of assumptions in the code that are either \
raspbian-specific or specific to the box I run the code on. I guess I will need to \
introduce some sort of config file so that "distro" names, file paths, urls, \
committer emails etc can be configured.

The code is a mixture of python3 and shell script, anyone have any suggestions for \
the best way to do a config file that can be easilly read from both python3 and shell \
script?