List:       vchkpw
Subject:    Re: [vchkpw] vDELdomain problem
From:       Quey <qms01 () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2008-07-25 22:12:54

On 25/07/08 23:10:14, Root Kit wrote:
> Thank you for your reply, Trey Nolen.
>
> I was not so lucky with the backup part :)

This is also a high priority for you to sort out, write your backup
scripts in perl, so they can mail you if it has problems, I do this
with all backups, it means manually checking them once a month or so,
rather than day or two.

I do a rolling 7 day backup of vpopmail dirs with rsync, but I do a
168 hour rolling mysqldump backup, so I can go back to any hour
within the past 7 days.

But your immediate next action is to learn and use "onchange" , this
is perhaps the single biggest thing that could have saved you,
because you can have it tar up and dump the database entries for that
domain and whatever upon a domain deletion command, so in your case,
all you need do is vadddomain again, restore the tar file, and re
import the database dump for that that domain, again, it does not
help you now, but it wil save your butt if it happens again.

!DSPAM:488a4fe932311570884359!