List:       vchkpw
Subject:    Re: [vchkpw] rcpt check user problems with sender - resolution
From:       "tonix (Antonio Nati)" <tonix () interazioni ! it>
Date:       2006-06-01 11:39:41

At 00.07 01/06/2006, you wrote:
>tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:

>>>They are just sending using Outlook. Not as a relay.
>>>They are an external company sending to local users.
>>>
>>>We do not have any reported problems from any relay users.
>>
>>I have reported complaints from customers which use Outlook; when
>>they send to multiple recipients (and one is wrong) cannot
>>understand which is the error. So I have a dedicated qmail-smtpd
>>for relaying users where I accept all messages without chkuser.
>
>It looks like firefox does not like the error message too.

To be more exact, this is not a problem of chkuser, but of every smtp
server rejecting not existing rcpt (including qmail + chkuser).

>I sent a test mail to a valid and an invalid account on our mail
>server and firefox pops up a message:
>
>An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:
>sorry, no mailbox here by that name (#5.1.1 - chkusr). Please verify
>that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again.

Probably in a future version I'll give the option to have an extended
error, specifying which rcpt has not been found.

Something like "sorry, <user@domain.com> is not known/recognized on
this server (#chkuser)".

>Looks like I need to disable chkuser when RELAYCLIENT is set.
>
>Is there an easy way, with the current version, to disable chk user
>when the RELAYCLIENT is set?

Version 2.0.9 will have such feature. Probably I'll publish a
2.0.9-beta that could help to solve these problems (actual code is
stable, but I have to add other features, or more likely I'll freeze
2.0.9 and work on 2.0.10).

Tonino