List:       vchkpw
Subject:    Re: [vchkpw] qmail+qmail-scanner+vpopmail+maildrop
From:       "Brah Mon" <brah () oc12 ! net>
Date:       2003-08-30 12:52:37

Do you run qmail-scanner-queue.pl SetUID or with the included
Qmail-Scanner-Queue wrapper?

It has been my experience that running the perl script SetUID has weird
results.. To change to the wrappered version:

1. change the top lines of qmail-scanner-queue.pl from /usr/bin/suidperl -T
to /usr/bin/perl
2. chown qmailq.qmail /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl
3. chmod 755 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl
4. issue 'make' in contrib/ directory to qmail-scanner source tree
5. install qmail-scanner-queue to /var/qmail/bin
6. chown qmailq.qmail /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue
7. chmod 4755 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue

Some things to take a look at..

Possible problems:
mail is being seen for vpopmail@nodomain or qmailq@domain.com or even
qmailq@nodomain.. Maybe even root@yourbox.