List:       vchkpw
Subject:    Re: OT: [vchkpw] SpamAssassin, Vpopmail, conditional handling on
From:       Andrew <andrew () exit0 ! us>
Date:       2003-05-29 13:45:12

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 18:33, Mark Pearce wrote:
> > I'm running the QMAILQUEUE patch with SpamAssassin into Vpopmail with
> > Mysql and Courier.
> >
> > I'm running SpamAssassin with spam threashold "required_hits" = 8.
> >
> > I allow direct delivery to the mailbox, but it is subject prefixed
> > "[SPAM]"  (thus it is Spam Tagged)
> >
> > What I'd like to do is add another "threashold" (probably in SA?)
> > where the spam score of >15 is sent to /dev/null.  Scores from 7-14.99
> > are spam tagged (and delivered) and scores less than 7 are not spam
> > tagged.
> >  (I've been seeing spam scores as high as 28.8 recently BTW)
>
> Hi
>
> I know this is OT but what are the flags you are using to start spamd
> and as what user?  I am running the same setup on my OpenBSD server.
> All my messages get a spam status header, but try as I may, I cannot get
> the system to rewrite the subject.
>
> Is qmaild the correct user to run as, because any other user that I try
> running as I get a user not found error and my log files show any other
> user but qmaild as "vpopmail@" or "spamd@".
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

You can run spamc/spamd as anyone. I have created a spamc user that does
all the work, I'm doing sitewide filtering. Spamd is started with:

#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/bin/spamd \
        -a \
        -d \
        -u spamc \
        -L \
        -x \
        -m 10

Subject line tagging depends on how you call spamd. If you are using
something like qmail-scanner for example, you may have to play with your
compile flags there. Ultimately, spamd is going to use the
/usr/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file for anything that you want to
change from default.

I would seriously consider taking all these issues over to the
Spamassassin list. You'll get good answers there.

--
Andrew <andrew@exit0.us>