List:       vchkpw
Subject:    Re: [vchkpw] Redeliver mail to another MTA
From:       Justin Heesemann <jh () ionium ! org>
Date:       2003-02-27 14:06:07

On Thursday 27 February 2003 13:56, Peter Mikeska wrote:
> Hi, plz can any1 help me ;))
> I have local qmail+vpopmail with few domains, I have few (well many)
> users which use adreses with local domain , but they have also adreses
> from another domain.
> Local> .edu .com
> NONLocal> .de
> I make virtualdomain .de,.com,edu
> so I want when some local user send mail to theone@one.de and this
> user exist in my own .de domain, its OK, but when it doesn not exist,
> just redeliver message to another smtp host(regular MX for domain .de).
>
> Mail to this adreses when its com from internet , go to .de origin
> server by DNS MX and it forward mails to my mailboxes. but I dont know
> how to retrieve mail for local user which are not found in my local domain.
> uff, well its messy , any ideas ?
> I found that in .qmail-default in domain dir make this thig but its
> redirect to exact mail adres, but i need just redirect it to smtp
> server.
>
> thnx in advance
>
>                                Miki

i think this was covered somewhen last year..
i'm not sure, what the solution was back then, but i'd say

on your "Local" server:
add mx record for "pseudo.one.de"
and alias the "pseudo.one.de" domain to "one.de" domain

.qmail-default:
| /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' $EXT@realmx.one.de

on your "NONLocal" Server:
add mx record for "realmx.one.de"
and alias the "realmx.on.de" domain to "one.de" domain.

.qmail-default:
| /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox

.qmail-someuseronlocal:
& someuseronlocal@pseudo.one.de

what does this do?
qmail puts the username part of the "RCPT TO:" email address into the env
variable EXT (at least i think it does?).
so on your local server vdelivermail will first check, if the user exist on
the _local_ system ? if no: it forwards the mail to $EXT@realmx.one.de which
is no local domain, but handled by the NONLocal server.

on the NONLocal server it receives the mail, as realmx.one.de is an
aliasdomain for one.de it will handle the mail just as expected: if the user
doesn't exist on this system either, it will bounce the mail.

you just have to make sure, that for each user on the "local" server a
.qmail-useronlocalname file on the "NONLocal" server exists.

--
Best Regards