List:       vbox-users
Subject:    Re: [vbox-users] VirtualBox-3.1.2 for Windows Vista
From:       Karthik Balaguru <karthikbalaguru79 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-01-26 10:55:20

On 1/24/10, Robert Bronsdon <reashlin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 07:31:44 -0000, Karthik Balaguru
> <karthikbalaguru79@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to download the VirtualBox from the link
> >
> http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/3.1.2/VirtualBox-3.1.2-56127-Win.exe
> > . But it is breaking after 9.3 MB of download.
> > I tried other links like
> http://virtualbox.en.softonic.com/, but it is
> > breaking after 9.3 MB.
> >

> It seems strage the download is breaking at the same place on both files.
> Can you please explain what 'breaking' is. Does a Virus scanner cancel it?
>
> Also what are you using to download the file?
>
> You might try using Firefox and the 'down them all' plugin as this will
> resume downloads that stop part of the way through.

Hey Robert,
Thx for your suggestions ! Breaking - Suddenly it displays that the
file might be corrupt, connection lost. I was using a download
accelerator that was available on that particular PC (Not sure of the
version of it). I checked the Virus scanner schedules. It was not
interrupting the download. I tried with firefox too, but it did not
work out :-( ! I thought the problem is with overload on the network.
In the meantime, i tried downloading without the accelerator,
interestingly it got downloaded successfully ! :-) :-) . Not sure if
any settings in the accelerator is affecting the download.

Thx,
Karthik Balaguru